Grateful in the waiting, a Father's love

Grateful in the waiting...? Does that even make sense? It is not easy to wait. Especially when our Father has not given us a clear picture of why we need to wait. In my life- He often hides from me the reasons on the onset. Later on, or as I continue to wait, I am able to look back and understand.

In the waiting, we might think that things are stalling. That is how things appear in the physical world. In God's Kingdom- the Spiritual world and in Heaven, The Father is still working.

"My Father is still working, and I also am working." Jesus said..

Our Father does not slumber. He will not let a beloved child stumble and be lost. 

Even when we sleep after a day's labour, He is still working. Who is He working for? for Himself? Our Father, I believe completed His creation work and rested, and now He is transforming us into the image of the Son- So that we too can create and bring things to life as the Son did. That is the reason for every waiting and every experience we go through. We become co-creators with God. We see in Vision of what the Father is doing and so we imitate Him, as Christ did. 

"I only do what I see my Father doing." We are becoming little christs.

I am reminded of a story of a young boy, Armand, whose father constantly told him- "No matter what, I will be there for you!" One day, the boy's school building collapsed after an earthquake. The school looked flatted and the parent's had lost all hope. They wailed for their children. Armand's father had just but one thought, "I must find my son. I made him a promise." Despite being told not to have any hope, he moved on with the search. He dug for hours and hours and hours and at the 38th hour! he retrieved his child!

The boy KNEW and BELIEVED that His father would come looking for him. He had said to his classmates- "I told them you would save me.... You promised you would always be there for me! You did it dad."

What could have made this boy so confident in His Father's love? that without a doubt He would show up? The boy knew he was loved. The father had demonstrated that. Not just through words but through action in his relationship with him. What makes you and I so confident that as we wait Our Father will show up Faithful for us? because He has demonstrated His love for us.

Our Father is still working. We cannot allow the old serpent whisper to us the lie "You are on your own this time, He will not show up." 

His love is relentless, so let us not be disheartened during the seasons of waiting. Let us cling to His Love and the Vision and the dream He has for us. He promised to be with us always. Let us believe with the pure faith of a little child and say "My Father will show up." because He will

Comments

Popular Posts